The main advantages of a self-managed superannuation fund are:
- The ability to develop your own strategy
- Your choice of investments in shares, managed funds or other assets
- Potential for tax advantages
- The ability to monitor the performance of your superannuation portfolio
Our advisors can help you assess whether a self-managed superannuation fund is the right option for you. We provide a full service of regular investment advice and complete administration.
Alternatively, you may wish to retain your current investment advisers and take our superannuation advice and administration service to remove an administrative burden from you. In either case, we can provide you with secure online access to your superannuation fund portfolio.
Establishing a SMSF comes with some serious responsibilities as well as increasing supervision from the regulatory authorities. (Breaches of regulations can carry significant penalties for trustees.)
Placing the administration and compliance of your SMSF can provide you with great peace of mind. We can assist with:
- Fund establishment
- Day-to-day management of fund accounts, including recording of all transactions and maintaining investment records
- Annual trustee meetings and preparation of all minutes
- Compliance, including annual audit and completion of all tax and statutory returns
- Preparation and lodgment of GST returns for recoupment of GST paid
- Maintaining a complete member history, records of contributions and benefits paid
- Implementing and maintaining income streams (pensions)
- Assisting trustees and executors distribute fund assets in line with estate plans
- 24/7 secure online access to your superannuation fund accounting and investment records.